I’m soaking up summer as much as I possibly can and all I want to do is sit in the shade on my patio with something cold to sip on. I hope I’m not the only one! For those of you that need to cool down too, I am happy to share a fun twist on a cocktail that is perfect for all ages, occasions and dietary preferences. Sparkling Sorbet Spritzer anyone?
The perfect mix of sweet sorbet and bright bubbles of your choice, these spritzers are sure to be a crowd pleaser all summer long. Use your favorite flavors of sorbet and Kombucha or celebratory Prosecco to make them your own and remember that the fun combinations are only limited by your imagination. Sweet and bubbly (alcoholic or not) they are the best excuse to say “Cheers!”
Makes 1 Serving
- 1/2 cup of your favorite sorbet, such as Jeni’s Frosé or Ciao Bella Mango Sorbetto*
- 1/2 cup (4 oz.) Grape or Citrus Kombucha, or Prosecco**
- 1 strip of lemon or orange peel, optional
Notes: *For this recipe, I used Jeni’s Ice Cream Frosé Sorbet and Ciao Bella Mango Sorbet, but you can use whatever kind you like and can find at your local grocery store or market.
** Citrus flavors tend to pair beautifully with tropical flavors, while berry, stone fruit and grape flavors tend to pair well with berry flavored sorbets. Prosecco is a very mild sparkling wine that typically pairs well with any flavor of sorbet. Alternatively, you could also use sparkling seltzer water to top the sorbet.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, place about 4 small scoops (1/2 cup) of sorbet into the serving glass of your choice. (Wine glasses are fun and festive, but you can use a short juice glass or champagne coupe if you want to feel fancy!)
- Top the sorbet with 4 oz. of your bubbles of choice; either Kombucha or Prosecco and a strip of lemon or orange peel to garnish, if you choose.
- Enjoy with a spoon or paper straw!
I hope you love this recipe and enjoy it very soon because it truly is the perfect sip of summer! As always, if you have any questions or comments please leave them below and I will respond as soon as possible. Stay cool, friends.