It’s the night before Thanksgiving already! If you’re like me, you’re probably making your last minute lists and sending family out on their second (or third) shopping trip to get one more thing. I bet you have the table set and your menu mapped out or maybe you’re only be responsible for one thing besides the wine this year, lucky you!!
If you happen to have a bag of fresh cranberries laying around, I’ve got the perfect recipe for a tart, zesty and slightly sweet cranberry orange relish that will take your turkey to the next level. The best part? It takes less than 5 minutes to make and only has 4 ingredients. My Grandma Shari has been making this dish for years and even though we are spending Thanksgiving apart this year, it’s a must on my table 450 miles away. If you’re looking for the perfect dish to pull your Thanksgiving meal (and leftovers) together, this is it!
Fresh Cranberry Orange Relish: Makes Approximately 3 1/2 Cups
- 1 bag fresh organic cranberries, rinsed and dried
- 1 medium sized navel orange, washed and sliced into wedges but not peeled (the thinner skin the better, they are juicer!)
- 1/3 C.- 3/4 c. organic cane sugar*
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
* The amount of sugar you use will depend on how sweet you want your relish to be! Sometimes my orange is sweeter so I need less sugar, but I tend to stay around the 1/3 C.-1/2 C. mark. If I don’t have cane sugar on hand I substitute pure maple syrup for equally delicious results.
- Into the bowl of a food processor with the blade attachment, add the fresh cranberries, orange wedges, 1/3 C. of sugar and cinnamon. Process for 15 seconds.
- Stop to scrape down the bowl, making sure to get everything off of the sides of the bowl. Process for another 15-30 seconds until the mixture is evening blended and there are no large pieces of orange or cranberry.
- Scrape down the sides one last time and taste the mixture to see how sweet or tart it is and then add more sugar or cinnamon if desired.
- Spread on everything; turkey, rolls, leftover sandwiches. Enjoy!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, friends + furry friends, too! No matter how you spend the day, I hope you have a great meal and a grateful heart to go with it. I am so thankful for this platform and my family + friends who let me cook for them. Tag me in your posts on Instagram @danimarielinds so I can see what you’re making and don’t forget to have fun in the kitchen!